Friday 9 June 2017

Deathwatch Dark Angel

Since I finished my Genestealer Cult from Deathwatch: Overkill, I eventually had to get around to the Space Marines. I have put these off for a while- they are technically challenging to paint, with black armour, lots and lots of grimdark bling, and an incoherent colour palette. As I struggle through them, I'll put them up on the blog.

The Deathwatch concept is that they are a collection of Space Marines from different chapters who are selected to be ultraviolent xenophobes by the Inquisition. At entry, their armour is recoloured black, except for the left arm which is silver plated, and the right pauldron which is left in its original colour. The squad I have are all bloody individuals, who have re-blinged their armour such that they have chapter specific bitz all over the shop. It's an aesthetic nightmare.

The first is the Dark Angel, Zameon Gydrael. I chose him because his robes meant there was less black to paint! Also, I didn't have to struggle with the eyes...




I wanted the predominant colour on the Deathwatch to be black, so I have tried to keep the amount of extraneous colours down. It's still a struggle given the sheer amount of crap they've got.

Skullometer: 7
Squad Skullz Total: 7

12 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed. I agree that GW minis are rather encrusted with details now a days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they were back in the day as well, but this squad is really annoying.

      Delete
  2. Cracking brushwork mate! The face is particularly good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, It's been a while hasn't it. Hope all is well, but looks like the hobby is strong with you as usual. And happy birthday too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, mate, some day we'll have that game we keep talking about!

      Delete
    2. Well I've invested heavily in Blood Bowl (nu bowl that is) so there's one that'd be good. Especially now that Bill is country living like yourself

      Delete
    3. Eucalyptus Bowl is in a few weeks... I'll be there!

      Delete