Friday 10 February 2017

Terran Studios portable hobby paint rack

Top left!
You will recall my loot from CanCon 2016 had a mysterious package from Terran Studio. I assembled it, and have now been using it for just over a year.



Slide off the end to reveal two pull-out drawers

My god, it's full of paint!

If anyone's got a more aesthetically appealing way to organise my colours, please let me know!

Yes, I carry around primed plastic otherwise unprotected.

So, it's a carrying case for paint and hobby tools and bits and bobs. Since January 2016 I have moved four times, and this carrying case has been great.

Pros:

  • Easy to assemble
  • Plenty of holes for paintpots
  • Plenty of holes for paintbrushes
  • Lots of shelf space for keeping works-in-progress on
  • I can fit a cutting mat into it for transport as well
  • Lightweight
  • Carry handle
Cons:
  • Not super-heavy duty, it isn't something you'd take on a plane or throw about casually
  • Difficult to reach brushes down the back
  • Shelf heights are fixed

On the whole, I highly recommend this product if you're moving your hobby area frequently.

Unfortunately, I don't know if Terran Studio is still an entity, but there is a Facebook page.

8 comments:

  1. I have to say that I do like seeing the paints like that, makes selecting the right colour that little bit easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paint the bottom of the bottle in the colour as well.

      Delete
  2. I'm in the middle of building a similar storage box from Warmage.de Not as big as yours but should help my very chaotic paint storage box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used storage racks of some description for a few years, I think they're great.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a nice product. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW i need this in my life. I paint up at the kitchen table alot these days and all my gear seems scattered. This would be very very handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got some old racks I don't use any more- I'll get in touch with you.

      Delete