Friday 6 November 2015

Dead Man's Hand gunfight

I played my first game of Dead Man's Hand the other week against my mate Dan. Dan provided the scenery (4Ground and Whitewash City) and figures (Foundry?). We only played with about two thirds of the number of figures we would have for a full game, because it was our first time.
Dan's figures

DMH is played in three linked scenarios over the same terrain, giving a nice cinematic story. Read on, as my gunslingers ride into town to take on Dan's cowboys.... (click pictures to embiggen)









I found a lot to enjoy about Dead Man's Hand. So much so, that I ordered a few gangs of my own... watch this space.

Comic made with Comic Life 3

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Always nice to see someone else doing comic book batreps...great stuff! I'll be having my first game of DMH with my son soon, too...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun, Gordon, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

      Delete
  2. It was pretty cool yeah? I'm going to do up a lawmen gang and work on some more scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed DMH. It's a fun skirmish system that ticks many of the boxes. Simple, cinematic and just a laugh to play. I love playing it. Both you and Gordon (above) use the comic book style AAR which just compliments games such as this. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim, I look forwards to getting more of this game in!

      Delete
  4. Excellentl! Did you order the Ned Kelly gang? Those figs look very cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did, it would have been unAustralian not to! Very iconic figures.

      Delete